If you’ve ever tried to stream Netflix to watch movies or your usual favorite shows while you’re away from your home country, then you will agree with me that having a Netflix account or subscription is not just enough. You need to have a good VPN for Netflix to access its entire library and get yourself its full experience.
But with the slew of VPN providers available today and Netflix trying its best to block customers using VPNs, finding the best VPN that works with Netflix can be a challenge.
So, what is the best VPN for Netflix or the top VPNs you can rely on to get Netflix unblocked? Find out below.
- What is the Best VPN for Netflix?
- How did I Select the Best VPN for Netflix?
- How to Watch Netflix with VPN?
- How to Select the Best VPN for Netflix
- Can it bypass Netflix VPN block?
- Does it offer unlimited bandwidth with high-speed connections?
- Does the country you want to unblock have the servers that can do the job?
- Can the VPN work on your preferred platforms/devices?
- How many simultaneous connections does it allow?
- Can it protect your personal data?
- Does it have a 24/7 live chat support?
- Are their software or apps easy to use?
- Are you okay with its subscription plans, does it come with a money-back guarantee?
What is the Best VPN for Netflix?
To find the best VPN for Netflix, I tested several VPN services to see if they can bypass Netflix VPN block and how fast and reliable they are.
The following VPN providers deliver fast and consistent access with buffer-free streaming no matter where you use them.
With unlimited bandwidth, super-fast speeds, and high-end security, NordVPN is by far the best VPN to avoid geo-blocks and bypass Netflix VPN block. This VPN provider has 5400+ servers across 62 countries so there’s a higher chance you’ll find a server close to you and stream Netflix contents to your heart’s desire. During my tests, this VPN provided access to Netflix catalogs from UK, US, Canada, Japan, France, and Brazil so, you’ll have no shortage of movies and exciting new shows to watch.
NordVPN offers intuitive and easy to use apps for almost all platforms; you can even connect up to six devices at the same time and keep your household entertained. You’ll also enjoy its 7-day free trial, 24/7 customer support, strict no-log policy, and its 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with its performance.
- Unlimited bandwidth with super-fast speeds
- Apps available for almost all platforms
- High-end security
- 24/7 customer assistance
- Can connect up to six devices at a go.
- 7-day free trials and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Bypass Netflix VPN block and work with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Sky, Showtime, Kodi, DAZN, and Torrenting
- Some servers have variable speeds
If you’re looking for the fastest VPN to unblock Netflix and bypass geo-blocks, you can never go wrong with ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN service is very easy to use; it offers intuitive apps for almost all platforms. With its 3000+ VPN servers across 160 server locations, you’ll easily find a server near you and enjoy a secure connection to 94 countries. During my tests, I was able to access Netflix catalogs from UK, US, Canada, Japan, and France but couldn’t access it from Brazil.
ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy, an automatic kill switch and offers the best-in-class encryption protocols to ensure that your connection is always secure and kept private. It also offers unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 customer service, and a risk-free 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lighting speeds with unlimited bandwidth (great for streaming)
- Intuitive apps for almost all platforms
- Military-grade encryption
- 24/7 customer support
- 7-day free trials and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- ExpressVPN works with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Sky, Showtime, Kodi, Torrenting and DAZN.
- Offers only three simultaneous connections
- A bit more expensive
With lightning-fast speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and military-grade encryption, CyberGhost is one of the top VPNs for bypassing geo-blocks and Netflix VPN block. You can unblock Netflix with its in-built streaming profile, but you may have issue accomplishing this with its regular servers so, you have to take note of this. In my tests, I was able to access Netflix US, Germany, Denmark, and France.
You can also unblock Netflix UK only if your Netflix account was registered with a UK IP address. CyberGhost apps come with an extremely intuitive user interface and are available for almost all platforms, making its configuration as easy as a breeze. It also offers seven simultaneous connections, 24/7 live chat service, zero logs, 24-hour free trials, and a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Seven simultaneous connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- No log
- Apps available for almost all platforms
- Unlimited bandwidth with superfast speeds
- 24/7 customer assistance
- Bypass Netflix VPN block and work with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, BBC iPlayer, Sky, Comedy Central, Torrenting, Kodi, ESPN, and Eurosport
- IPv6 leak in macOS
During my test, PrivateVPN got Netflix unblocked in most countries and proved itself to be a fast VPN for streaming which I found quite impressive. However, you might experience network congestion or overload which may lead to an annoyingly slow connection due to its relatively small number of available servers.
PrivateVPN is budget friendly and comes with unlimited bandwidth and high-end security features. Its IPv6 leak protection, strict zero log policy, military-grade security, and kill switch feature will ensure that your connection is always kept secure and private. Like the other Netflix VPNs mentioned above, PrivateVPN offers six simultaneous connections, good customer support, 30-day money-back guarantee, and 7-day free trials.
- Easy to set up on popular devices
- Six simultaneous connections
- Zero data logs
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Fast speeds
- It unblocks Netflix and works with Kodi, Torrenting, HBO, Sky, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video
- Inconsistent live chat availability
- A small number of available servers
If you’re looking for a great VPN for streaming and bypassing geo-blocks or a Netflix unblocker offered at a budget-friendly cost, then you may have to look the way of the VyprVPN. With VyprVPN’s Chameleon technology, IP leak protection, strict zero log policy, unlimited bandwidth, and its malicious site filters, unblocking Netflix and other streaming services is a sure-fire hit.
It offers 700+ servers to connect securely to its 70+ server locations all around the world and a large selection of apps for various operating systems and devices. I tested all its apps, and they are stable, intuitive, and well designed. It also offers a 3-day free trial, and you can enjoy its 30-day money-back guarantee when you sign up using PayPal.
- Great speeds
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Intuitive apps for many platforms/devices
- 100% self-owned and operated servers (no third parties)
- Three simultaneous connection on basic plans and up to 5 simultaneous connections on its premium plan
- Secure and reliable
- Can unblock BBC iPlayer and Hulu
- Chameleon protocol not included in its basic plan
How did I Select the Best VPN for Netflix?
I tested several VPN providers and selected seven VPNs that work with Netflix. From there, I checked their speeds, feature and overall performance as well as the reviews from other users and selected the best five Netflix unblockers with outstanding features, performance and lots of positive user reviews. The VPNs above work reliably, offer easy to use custom apps for various platforms and clock the highest speeds in most locations during my regular speed tests.
How to Watch Netflix with VPN?
Follow the guide below to use a Netflix with VPN.
- For Mac and PC: Download and install any of the VPN above. Launch it, select the right or your preferred server location and open the Netflix website. It is advisable to clear your browsing data and cookies before you lunch the Netflix website. If you want to use your Android TV or Chromecast device, cast the display of your computer on the TV screen.
- For smartphones: Download any of the VPN from above and install it on your device. Select the right server location and open the Netflix website. Again, you can cast your smartphone’s screen to your TV if you use an Android TV or Chromecast.
- For Fire TV Cube or Fire TV Stick, the use of NordVPN, CyberGhost or ExpressVPN recommended for streaming Netflix.
- For games consoles: You can share the internet connection of your phone or laptop with the console or set the VPN on the router. To get the best result, make sure you select the servers that are optimized for streaming.
How to Select the Best VPN for Netflix
Here are the questions you need to ask yourself and the features to look out for when you’re shopping for the best Netflix VPN.
Can it bypass Netflix VPN block?
Netflix is always trying its best to prevent a breach of its terms of service by blocking customers using VPNs. So, you need to be sure that a VPN will work with Netflix before you make your purchase. You don’t have to go through the hassles of testing several VPNs to select the ones that can unblock Netflix. All you have to do is to check my reviews to avoid the frustration of selecting a poor VPN.
For example, the popular Avast Secureline VPN did not work with Netflix during our tests.
Does it offer unlimited bandwidth with high-speed connections?
How will you feel if you purchase a Netflix VPN only to find out that it is very slow to the extent that streaming Netflix would be impossible? Angry and frustrated right? If you want to avoid the frustration of wasting your precious time waiting for the stream to buffer, then you need to select a VPN with unlimited bandwidth and the fastest speeds. Netflix requires a fast connection of about 70 Mbps or more for streaming, and anything less than this will be too slow. Luckily, all the VPN I tested offers lighting speeds and unlimited bandwidth so; you won’t have a problem streaming Netflix.
Does the country you want to unblock have the servers that can do the job?
Your ideal VPN must have the servers that can unblock Netflix in the country you want to access. For instance, if you want to gain access to Netflix US catalog, you need to connect to a US server that can get Netflix unblocked. I tested the top 5 VPNs I selected, and they can do this.
Can the VPN work on your preferred platforms/devices?
You can access Netflix on a wide range of devices including game consoles. The most VPN providers offers intuitive custom apps that work for different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android. Some streaming devices like Amazon Fire Stick and other internet-connected items like game consoles and routers are compatible with some VPN services. Make sure you check to see if the VPN is compatible with your preferred devices before you make your final decision.
How many simultaneous connections does it allow?
If you and your friends or members of your household like to watch movies or their favorite shows on different devices at the same time, it is best to look for a Netflix VPN that offers as many simultaneous connections as required.
Can it protect your personal data?
If you want to protect your data and keep your connection secure and private, you need to use a VPN with strong security features. Some of the important security features you should look for includes an automatic kill switch, a strict no-log policy, military-grade encryption, and IPv6 leak protection.
Does it have a 24/7 live chat support?
Good and fast customer support is another important feature to look for when selecting the best VPN for Netflix. With this feature, you will always find someone to help you out if you have any connection issues or when you need to ask for the best server to connect to and stream Netflix in your region.
Are their software or apps easy to use?
You do not want to get stuck with a clunky, confusing VPN software. Look for a Netflix VPN with intuitive, powerful, well-designed and easy to use apps and your streaming experience will be easy as a breeze; you’ll even be happy to use the app all the time. I spent a considerable amount of time testing various VPN apps, and the ones I mentioned above are easy to install and use.
Are you okay with its subscription plans, does it come with a money-back guarantee?
Although most VPNs are affordable, you need to check their pricing plans and select one with a subscription plan that suits your budget. Typically, a 12-month or 2-year plans will get you the best value for your money, but you can choose a Netflix VPN with free trials or a long refund period to minimize the risk of buyer’s remorse.
Ever since Netflix started blocking customers using VPNs, finding the best VPN that works with Netflix has become a challenge. A VPN that unblocked Netflix today might not be able to bypass it tomorrow. In this article, I have shown you how to select the best VPN for Netflix and how to watch Netflix with a VPN as well as some of the top VPNs to unblock Netflix and access its catalogs wherever you are in the world.
Using one of the top VPN service providers is a great decision for guaranteed access to Netflix catalogs and to improve your viewing experience.