Disclaimer: affiliate links keep us 100% reader-supported.
CyberGhost is one of the popular VPN services as far as bypassing geo-restrictions and streaming HD videos is concerned. This VPN has a customized app for Fire TV and Firestick.
While most providers take hours to establish a connection, CyberGhost ensures you’re connected within a couple of minutes. Because of that, it is only compatible with the second-generation Firestick or devices.
To install the app, you should provide your sign-up details, including the CyberGhost username and login credentials. CyberGhost is also compatible with several devices, but with limited connections.
That said, below is how you can set up a CyberGhost app on Fire TV within seconds.
How to Install Cyberghost VPN on Firestick?
- Step 1: Start your Fire TV device.
- Step 2: On the home screen, click on the magnifying glass icon and drag it to the search bar.
- Step 3: On the search bar, find ‘CyberGhost’ and choose the first option for ‘CyberGhost VPN.’
- Step 4: Once you’ve selected the CyberGhost VPN, a ‘Get’ button, yellow in color, will pop up. Click on it to download and install the app.
- Step 5: Once the installation process is over, the ‘Get’ button automatically changes to ‘Open.’
- Step 6: Click on the ‘Open’ button and start the app.
- Step 7: Accept the ‘Terms of service’ and allow VPN access. If prompted to set up a VPN connection, head-on and select ‘OK.’
- Step 8: Enter your CyberGhost username and password to ‘Login.’
- Step 9: Proceed to the ‘Connect’ button to establish a connection with the CyberGhost network.
- Step 10: Finally, connect to your preferred location from the list that appears on the menu. The record comes in handy with detailed information to help you make the right server location.
If you already have Kodi installed on your Firestick, launching the VPN app is dead simple. However, if you don’t have one, you may still install it using the ‘Downloader App.’ Head on to Settings and enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources.’ You may then open the Downloader App.
Input the download link into the URL box, and proceed to the Android Settings. Select the 64-bit option if you’re operating on the second-generation Firestick. For the first-generation users, select the 32-bit variant.
The APK file will automatically download, after which you may install Kodi. Now, you may successfully connect to any CyberGhost VPN using Kodi to protect your identity online.
For effectiveness, make sure that you’re using the updated version of Fire TV devices, which is the second generation Firestick. You’ll also be required to configure the VPN on your Wi-Fi router on a single server.
You’ll have to configure the VPN in a way that’s compatible with the router. All these depend on the model of your firmware router. Consider replacing the VPN by ‘flashing’ if your router firmware isn’t compatible with the provider. Note that this may impact damage to your router.
Alternatively, you can set up a virtual VPN, which is less detrimental compared to the ‘flashing’ process. Because CyberGhost ensures top-notch streaming experience, it is capable of bypassing geo-restrictions, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more.
The app also provides its users with zero logs policy, enhancing the security ranking of several VPNs. Besides, your identity is also enhanced while you remain anonymous online. The unmetered bandwidth CyberGhost features ensure exceptional streaming experience.
If your choice of a VPN is to provide diversifications of functions, then you’re in the right place. CyberGhost ensures that they give you everything you need in a VPN. If you want to learn more about this service, feel free to read the CyberGhost review here.